Friday, June 29, 2007

Panchkuti Dal

I post my mom brithday after 2-3 days...Ingredients:
3-tbsp moong dal (Mogar dal),
3-tbsp tuver dal,
3-tbsp chana dal (Bengal Gram),
3-tbsp masoor dal,
3-tbsp urad dal,
2-tbsp red chilli powder,
1-tbsp turmeric powder,
3-tbsp lemon juice,
Salt to taste,
Garnish with coriander leaves.
* Mix all dal and wash for 3-4 times.
* Add 2-cup water and soak for 15-minutes.
* Pressures cook the dal for 3-whistles.

* Cool at room temperate.
* Mash the dal with hand blender.


For Tempering:
2-tbsp oil,
1-tbsp mustard seeds,
1-tbsp cumin seeds,
2-tbsp green chilli chopped,
6-7 curry leaves,
1\2-tbsp garlic chopped,
1-small piece of ginger finely chopped.

Method:
Step 1: Heat the oil in pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves until spluttering.

Step 2: Then add green chilli, garlic and ginger in it.

Step 3: Cook for one minute so garlic and ginger is become slight golden brown.
Step 4: Then add prepared mash dal in it.

Step 5: After that add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice and slat to taste.

Step 6: Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.

Sever hot with Rice.:)

16 comments:

Richa said...

panchkuti dal ekdum tasty hoey che aney ketli nutritious :)

Life said...

hey kajal panchkuti dal is healthy .right??

hey thanks for such wonderfull wishes and yeh go ahead ..u can take any of the drawinns u want from my blog..

Take Care
Vikas{V}

Kajal said...

Thank you Richa....Pan mane to taru watermelon juice game chhe....:)

Kajal said...

yes, Vikas....Panchkuti dal is very healthy and taste also...thanks for give very nice and wonderful pictures...i will try to sketch some one...let’ try it.:)

Lata said...

I heard about this from friends but never made one. Will try this time.

ushaprashanth said...

Hi kajal!
This dal looks delicious and nutritious !!!Type of demo is taking good marks of course!!!!

Sharmi said...

the dal looks yummy Kajal. happy b'day to your mom!!

Kajal said...

Hi Lata,

Thanks for nice words....Same thing I also heard so many time and try this first time....so try it....:)

Kajal said...

Hi Ushaprashanth,

Thank you for lovely words.......I am wait for your post my dear..:)

Take Care.:)

Kajal said...

Hi Sharmi,
Thank you for best wishes......I say my mom definitely......and also sow your nice and wonderful blog to my mom....Your a fruit a month-Orange round up is really very fine:)

DEEPA said...

step by step explainination of the dal ..awesome ..very neat recipe ..thks for sharing

Manasi said...

NICE!! will try this .. i have tasted this once, my Gujju friend made it.. now i guess its my turn!

Kajal said...

Hi Deepa,
Thanks for fastidious words.....Have a great day.:)

Kajal said...

Hi Manasi,

This is not gujju recipe but I learn this dal from Punjabi family.......Thanks for charming words.......TC.:)

Kajal

Viji said...

How did I miss this post Kajal? My favorite one. A wholesome one pot meal. Tks Dear. Viji

Kajal said...

Hi Viji,
Thanks my dear....I also think that you like this dal and also wait for your nice comment.....and you give me surprise today.......Thanks once again.:)